Leadership, Labyrinths and Your Brain: An Urban Hike
When: Thursday, July 14th, 6p – 8:30p
Meet-up Location: Grace Cathedral, SF (1100 CA St @ Taylor)
Price: $5.00 for Members / $15.00 for Non-members (Click here to become a member)
More Details: See below
Register: here (link to registration)
Imagine yourself at the pinnacle of success in your leadership role - what do you see? No, not what you’re wearing, your adoring fans or your fancy ride (but I admit, you do look good!). Look at YOU! What qualities do you embody? Which skills do you whip out to save the day? What inherit abilities do you have access to? My guess is that among other things, they include Innovation, Big-Picture Thinking and Creativity.
What if the leadership attributes you desire can be accessed and strengthened, if only you learn how to tap into that part of your brain?
I know, it sounds a bit crazy, but scientists are continuing to understand that specific areas of our brain control certain ways of thinking. Furthermore, the majority of people tend to go back to tried and true ways of thinking (much like flexing an already-strong muscle), leaving other areas of the brain underutilized. For many people, it’s the Right Brain that’s waiting to join the party.
It’s actually rather easy. This informative, interactive and FUN event will teach participants an easy way to tap into their Right Brain – the home of such essential qualities as Inventiveness, Innovation, Creativity, Connection, Intuition and Big-Picture Thinking. Who doesn’t need more of these things in their leadership tool kit?
Join us! Take advantage of the summer sun and get yourself outside with other FWL members and Professional Co-active Coach Shannon Ratay for a fun, informative and inspiring evening in SF.
What you can expect:
- Light cardio, valuable learning and meaningful connections all while you're hanging with other fabulous, like-minded women. What's not to like?
- Experience firsthand what happens when you tap into, yes YOU, tap into your right-brain (the center of creativity, connection and meaning), all while playing in a fun, supportive environment.
- Boring classroom learning? Sitting around and PowerPoint? NO! Walk away with clarity on how you – that smart, ambitious individual that you are, can strengthen and utilize your unique, powerful super-brain.
- Gain fun, practical tips on how to kick-ass, amp up your leadership tool kit and increase your effectiveness in the face of your next leadership opportunity....it's coming! Will you be ready?
- Meet-up Location: Grace Cathedral, SF (1100 CA St. @ Taylor) ; near the Outdoor Labyrinth
- Meet-up Time: 6:00p
- Hike Info: When we’re done at the Labyrinth, we’ll wind and our way through the charming, historical, yummy (?!) neighborhoods of SF. We’ll ultimately end our travels near Bart/Muni.
- What to bring: 1. Layers – it could be warm and sunny or cool and windy - all on the same evening. 2. Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. No really. Absolutely necessary. 3. A daypack or backpack to carry it all in. 4. Your Left Brain AND your Right Brain.
- Other details: Parking can be limited, so public transport is highly recommended.
- Sign up now!
Shannon Ratay, hiking coach extraordinaire, is a Professional Co-active Life Coach. Her specialty is helping women ignite their wildest dreams, while hiking the lush trails or urban streets of the Bay Area. Prior to dedicating her time to saving the world, one high-potential woman at a time, Shannon worked such diverse jobs as balloon decorator, construction worker, outdoor trip leader and fabric geek. She holds a BS in Textiles and Apparel from Cornell University and is a founder of the Fearless Women Entrepreneur Network. Contact Shannon